Unilever is looking for the ‘Head of People’
BCS-Head Of People Africa
Work Level 2C
Based in Nairobi
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
On Friday 15th December, it was announced that Unilever was to sell the Spreads business to KKR and the transfer of ownership is expected to take place in July 2018. KKR are committed to supporting the business’ growth ambition, whilst continuing to follow Unilever’s responsible sourcing policies, including working towards the goal of sourcing 100 per cent sustainable palm oil by 2019.
To drive the performance and engagement of our People and organisation through our HR Strategy and organisational purpose in this super lean and focused People function in our €3bn “start-up”, plant based foods business.
The Head of People, North Africa Middle East & Turkey (NAMET) and Africa is responsible for the successful achievement of the strategic ambition for the business unit delivering the people agenda across the geography; this includes the shaping of the HR plan for the business unit, including all functions in the Geography.
This critical role will be responsible for HR delivery to the business in Kenya and Turkey plus across the wider geography – Nigeria, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana.
- Delivery of talent and organisation fit to achieve the ambition of the Africa and NAMET Business Unit including “Hire to Retire” HR functional responsibilities
- Support in the design of an adaptable and affordable organisation for the business
- Engagement of people to deliver the strategy
- Delivery of creative learning solutions to deliver growth and sharing of best practice globally
- Management of ER and IR agenda in the markets including consultation and trade union agreements.
- Data management and people systems maintenance – delivering the basics perfectly.
- A can-do attitude and foodie mindsetQualifications And Preferences
- Demonstrated experience in Human Resources management. 6-10 years plus of HR experience.
- Experience of managing third party providers across a range of HR tools and processes, including external legal counsel on people matters
- Track record of delivering innovative and effective approaches to engagement and organisation design
- Experience in a globally dispersed organization;
- Ability to communicate directly, clearly and honestly with senior executive leadership.
- Adaptable, flexible, leadership style
- High level of loyalty, integrity and trust
- Collaborative and team player
- Driven, results oriented
- High energy and positive, collaborative approach
Your Personal Power! :-
At BCS we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the CPG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!