Government goes for spouses, Mpesa and social media accounts in corruption purge
Social media accounts and Mpesa statements are among the list of information the suspended heads of procurement and accounting departments will be required to submit for vetting.
President Uhuru Kenyatta this week sent all heads of the procurement and accounting departments on compulsory leave to lay the ground for the fresh vetting of the officers who are involved in procurement processes in the country. He said the officers will also be required to undergo a lie detector test – polygraph test to ensure they tell the truth.
Here is the list of information the officers will be required to give:
- Personal information, Pin NO/ Passport No/ Emails/ Cell Numbers
- Residential addresses of the officers and their spouse, ownership status of their current residence
- Utility account numbers
- Current posting/number of years served, promotions, deployments, disciplinary cases
- Names of immediate family members (spouse, children, dependants, associates, parents)
- List of companies and business owned or controlled individually or by family members
- List of movable and immovable assets owned or partly owned (data on acreage, location)
- Machinery vehicles and other assets where the officer has a beneficial interest
- Stocks, shares, and partnerships including investment groups.
- Bank statements for officer and spouse for the last six months and any foreign accounts.
- Mobile money statements
- KRA income tax returns for the last three years
- Club membership
- Social media accounts
- List of liabilities